Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop:
- Conclusion of work in the surrounding area (completion of work on the access to the platform from Kantonstrasse).
- Continuation of interior work (panel work, electrical, lighting, technical facilities, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction
- Continued expansion of shopping and restaurant areas
Eiger Express tricable gondola valley station:
- Conclusion of installation of cable car technology
- Adjustment work for the garage and valley station
- Delivery of the new Eiger Express gondolas
- Continuation of interior work (ceiling insulation, painting, electrics, lighting and parking guidance system) on the two basement floors
Access to car park and terminal building (Grundstrasse):
Continuation of supply lines and road construction work
- Continuation of interior work (partition walls, electrical, lighting, technical facilities, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction
- Adjustment work tricable gondola summit station
- Conclusion of shell construction and assembly of the passage
- Installation of façade elements and glazing at the Eiger Glacier station
- Continuation of shell construction of JB tunnel extension
- Start of track and overhead line construction track 3
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg with intermediate storage in the two temporary Salzegg halls will continue to take place.
Eiger Express route
Continuation of work for the Eiger Express tricable gondola cable hoist; the traction cables and the first cable hoist have been pulled in. The cable hoist work will be completed by mid-August 2020.
-> Notice for Eigertrail hikers: Please pay attention to the information boards concerning the cable hoist and do not leave the marked hiking trails.
Blue run Eiger Glacier to Fallboden
Continuation of completion work on the slope along the Fallboden gallery and slope widening at Egg.
Conclusion of the surrounding and surfacing work at the middle and summit station.
Implementation of the warranty and service work on the cabins by the manufacturer.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion is open to visitors every day from 08.00 to 18.00 h. The federal Swiss hygiene and distance requirements also apply here. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letter box at the feedback salon or sent by e-mail to [email protected] . Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
Unfortunately, the space available in the Info-Pavilion together with the Covid-19 measures do not allow the resumption of the construction site coffees. Of course, you can still contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected]/en. We are happy to be at your service.
Access to Grindelwald terminal and local bus
Access to the terminal from the temporary car park and the Grindelwald Grund station leads over the slope on the south side of the Lütschine via the ski bridge to the terminal. The path is signposted. Access to the BOB stop is guaranteed at all times via the night access and access from the Rothenegg roundabout.
The local bus stops directly at the terminal. For the exact timetables, please check online.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station and terminal:
- Privacy wall, construction along the Mountain Hostel
- Road construction Grundstrasse
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work and wish everyone good health.