The construction sites in Grindelwald Grund and on the Eiger glacier are running as normal.
The following works are currently ongoing and planned for the coming weeks:
Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop:
• Conclusion of environmental and recultivation work (backfilling, finishing work, access to platform from Kantonstrasse).
• Continuation of interior work (panel work, electrical, lighting, technical facilities, plumbing, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction.
• Start of expansion of shop and restaurant areas
Eiger Express tricable gondola valley station:
• Continuation of installation of cable car technology
• The concrete work on the walls and ceiling was completed in early July.
• Continuation of interior work (ceiling insulation, painting, electrical and lighting) in the two basements.
• Continuation of interior work (partition walls, electrical, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction (tricable gondola summit station and Eiger Glacier station)
• Conclusion of installation of cable car technology at the tricable gondola summit station
• Continuation of structural work connecting the restaurant and foundation of the stair tower to the passage
• Installation of façade elements at the Eiger Glacier station
• Continuation of shell construction of JB tunnel extension
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg with intermediate storage in the two temporary Salzegg halls will continue to take place.
Eiger Express route
Continuation of work for the Eiger Express tricable gondola cable hoist; the first two traction cables and the first cable hoist have been pulled in. The cable hoist work will be completed by mid-August 2020.
→ Notice for Eiger Trail hikers: Please pay attention to the information boards concerning the cable hoist and do not leave the marked hiking trails.
Blue run Eiger Glacier to Fallboden
Start of completion work on the slope along the Fallboden gallery and slope widening at Egg.
GGM Männlichen Railway
Creation of the revision and cabin washing facility at the Holenstein middle station.
Conclusion of interior work at the middle and summit station.
Completion of accesses to the stations as well as the surrounding and surfacing work at the middle and summit stations. Restoration of outdoor spaces.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
Thanks to the latest easing of the Covid-19 measures on 6 June 2020, the Info Pavilion was reopened. It is open to visitors every day from 08.00 to 18.00 h. The federal Swiss hygiene and distance requirements also apply here. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letter box at the feedback salon or sent by e-mail to [email protected]. Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
Unfortunately, the space available in the Info-Pavilion together with the Covid-19 measures do not allow the resumption of the construction site coffees. Of course, you can still contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected]/en/ We will be happy to assist you.
Access to Grindelwald terminal and local bus
Access to the terminal from the temporary car park and the Grindelwald Grund station leads over the slope on the south side of the Lütschine via the ski bridge to the terminal. The path is signposted.
Access to the BOB stop is guaranteed at all times via the night access and access from the Rothenegg roundabout.
The local bus will stop at the terminal again from 4 July 2020. For the exact timetables, please check online.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
• Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station and terminal:
• Foundation of the privacy wall, construction along the Mountain Hostel
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work and wish everyone good health.