The following works are currently ongoing and planned for the coming weeks:
Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop:
Continuation of environmental and recultivation work (backfilling, finishing work, access to platform from Kantonstrasse) depending on weather conditions
Continuation of the interior work (floors, insulation, panel work, electrical, lighting, technical facilities, plumbing, lifts, shop fronts, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction
Eiger Express tricable gondola valley station:
- Continuation of installation of cable car technology
- Completion of flat roof work and removal of external scaffolding
The concrete work on the walls and ceiling extend over the entire car park area (1st and 2nd floors on the terminal side, ground floor and 1st floor on the Mountain Hostel side)
- Continuation of interior work (partition walls, lifts, electrical, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction (tricable gondola summit station and Eiger Glacier station)
- Continuation of installation of cable car technology at the tricable gondola summit station
- Preparatory work (rock removal and supply lines) for the JB-Tunnel portal extension
- Start of structural work connecting the restaurant and foundation of the stair tower to the passage
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg with intermediate storage in the two temporary Salzegg halls will continue to take place.
Eiger Express tricable gondola route
Work on the Eiger Express tricable gondola cable hoist has started and should be completed by mid-August 2020.
During this time, there are four cable hoists for the suspension rope and two cable hoists for the towing cable.
Notice for Eigertrail hikers: Please pay attention to the information boards concerning the cable hoist and do not leave the marked hiking trails.
Blue run Eiger Glacier to Fallboden
Completion works to start as soon as the snow has fully melted.
GGM Männlichen Railway
Maintenance work and conclusion of selective interior work at the middle and summit station. Cable shortening on both sections after the first season in full operation.
Environmental work at the Hohbalm ski run crossing and at the middle and summit station.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info-Pavilion by the office containers in Grindelwald Grund was temporarily closed due to the official requirements regarding coronavirus. For the latest information, please visit our website www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
Questions or suggestions can be sent by e-mail to [email protected].
Access to Grindelwald terminal and local bus
The terminal will remain temporarily closed due to the official regulations regarding coronavirus.
Access to the BOB stop is guaranteed at all times via the night access and access from the Rothenegg roundabout.
Since 30 March 2020, the local bus has stopped at the provisional bus stop at the Grindelwald Grund Intersport building. This regulation will certainly apply until 21 May 2020 (planned start of summer operation of the Männlichen Railway), possibly even longer, depending on the decision of the authorities.
For the exact timetables, please check online.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station and terminal:
- Recultivation work west of the Vorlandbrücke
- Flood protection wall Grundbrücke – Mountain Hostel
- Construction of the works line and footpath along the Mountain Hostel
- Construction of the works on Grundstrasse
- Road construction Grundstrasse, northern area
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work and wish everyone good health.
Contact for questions or concerns:
[email protected] or 033 828 71 11