Grund terminal construction work until mid-January
- Completion of construction work on the plant pipes.
- Construction of replacement parking spaces and installation areas on the south bank of the Lütschine.
2. Rothenegg stop:
- Continuation of the shell construction of the Rothenegg platform system.
3. Grund terminal:
- Delivery and installation of the new transformers for the power supply of Grindelwald. Start of BKW installation work.
- Shell (floor slab and walls) for the Rothenegg access corridors and for the northern tract of terminal.
4. GGM station and 3S Eigerexpress
- Shell construction (base plate and walls) of the new valley stations.
Eigerexpress route construction works
The construction of the supports 1 to 3 by Garaventa is completed. This completes all work this year. The works will be resumed after the end of winter season in the spring.
Eiger Glacier construction works
Rock excavation for the cavern mountain station and rock extraction for the Eiger Glacier station will continue over the winter depending on the weather.
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg take place over the entire winter in parallel with normal railway operation.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion at the office containers in Grindelwald Grund is open seven days a week from 08.00 - 18.00 h. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letterbox at the feedback salon. Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/corporate/v-cableway-project/project/.
Parking situation, ski and local bus and bus stop
With the creation of the replacement parking spaces on the south bank of the Lütschine and east of the Werkhof, 150 more parking spaces will be available in winter than in previous winter seasons. The parking is provided via a transport service. Attention should be paid to the instructions and signposting, as this is the only way to guarantee trouble-free parking.
The parking fee remains CHF 5 per day. In order for snow removal to be possible, a general night-time parking ban applies to all parking spaces.
Access to the GGM and WAB railway facilities from the parking spaces on the south bank of the Lütschine is via the ski bridge and the temporary pedestrian walkway at the Mountain Hostel.
For all guests in Grindelwald we recommend using the ski bus, which runs every 15 minutes. The bus stop is located directly in front of the Info Pavilion.
GGM Männlichen Railway
- Continuation of Garaventa construction and assembly work until the onset of winter or start of the ski season.
- Access to the GGM for all winter sports enthusiasts is along the Lütschine via a skywalk (signposted) and is also guaranteed for pedestrians with walking aids, wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- Delivery of goods takes place via the construction site access and is always guaranteed.
During winter (as long as skiing takes place) there is no construction and assembly work. Minor works are carried out inside the stations.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station:
- Concrete works on the flood protection wall and bank reinforcement.
- Concrete works on the foundations for the new bridge over the Lütschine and the underpass for the ski slope on the south side of the bridge.
Winter sports and operation of all winter sports facilities are not affected by the construction site and will be opened as soon as the snow situation permits.
During the construction period, construction materials are regularly delivered to the former staff car park behind the Intersport building for the construction site on the Eiger glacier.