V-Cableway construction site info – 28 November 2019
After 18 months of construction, we are aiming to make 14/12 the first of the two commissioning dates. The new Grindelwald Terminal BOB station and the Männlichen Railway will be become operational on this day. Part of the terminal will also be used by our guests for the operation of the Männlichen Railway.
The construction sites in Grindelwald Grund, on the Eiger glacier and the Männlichen Railway are running as normal. All sub-projects are on track.
The construction will be paused over the holidays on all construction sites between 21/12/2019 and 5/1/2020.
The following works are currently ongoing and planned for the coming weeks:
Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop (Rothenegg):
- Completion of railway operation installations - Continuation of shell construction / concrete work Alfa stair tower - Assembly of steel structure for access to Grindelwald Terminal from Rothenegg roundabout until mid-December 2019
- Continuation of backfill of north side building - Continuation of interior work (floors, insulation, panel work, electrical, technical equipment, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the completed shell construction - Completion of interior work and occupation of the premises for the commissioning of the Männlichen Railway - Completion of utility lines and road construction
GGM stations and tricable Eiger Express:
- Trial operation and acceptance of cable car technology for CGM valley station - Installation of turnstiles and doors - Completion of sealing valley station roof Eiger Express tricable gondola - Start of assembly of track for Eiger Express tricable gondola garage
- Completion of excavation work 2nd stage excavation pit - Continuation of concrete work 2nd stage floor panels / walls / ceiling 2nd lower ground floor - Continuation of concrete work 1st stage for walls and ceilings 1st lower ground floor
The new ski bridge has been assembled. Completion of the environmental and utility line work until commissioning of the Männlichen Railway
- completion of shell construction / concrete work (ceilings) Eiger Glacier station with prov. sealing of the windows so that the interior work can be started through the winter. - Continuation of shell construction / concrete work (ceilings) at the tricable gondola summit station - prov. sealing of building and continued shell construction inside the tricable gondola mountain station
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg with intermediate storage in the two temporary Salzegg halls will take place in parallel to the normal railway operation of the WAB.
Eiger Express tricable gondola route
The construction and assembly work is complete. During the winter, all work on the track will be suspended. In April 2020, the work for the Eiger Express tricable gondola will start.
Blue run Eiger Glacier to Fallboden
The work has been completed.
We are looking forward to using the blue run with the start of the winter sports operation and to making it available to our guests.
GGM Männlichen Railway
- Conclusion of interior work at the middle and summit station - Installation of turnstiles and doors - Completion of trial operation on both sections - Acceptance by the BAV of the cable car and building - Commissioning of the new railway
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion at the office containers in Grindelwald Grund is open seven days a week from 08.00 – 18.00 h. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letter box at the feedback salon or sent by e-mail to [email protected] Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
Car park situation, access to Grindelwald terminal and local bus
The replacement parking spaces on the south side of the Lütschine and east of the Werkhof will remain in place. From the continuous ski operation (14/12/2019) the replacement parking spaces on the south side of the Lütschine will be extended by the winter grate areas. The parking at Talgietli and Kilchboden can also be used. The parking is provided via a transport service. The parking fee is CHF 5 per day.
The following entrances will be available from 14/12/2019 for the new Männlichen Railway:
- from the replacement car park and slopes (Lütschine south side) over the new ski bridge to the terminal - from the BOB Grindelwald Terminal stop via the connecting passage directly into the terminal (public transport passengers) - from the Rothenegg roundabout via the platform for the BOB Grindelwald Terminal stop
The local bus will go to/from the terminal entrance from 14/12/2019.
There is a night-time parking ban for buses in the Talgietli car park. In the village, night parking is available on Bärplatz.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station:
- Road and utility line construction on Grundstrasse - Site trail expansion between the ski bridge – hydraulic base bridge to the Mountain Hostel - Hydraulics old Kilchboden bridge to WAB bridge
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work.