The following works are currently ongoing and planned for the coming weeks:
Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop:
- Final lighting work for Rothenegg access
- Continuation of the interior work (floors, insulation, panel work, electrical, lighting, technical facilities, plumbing, lighting, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction
Eiger Express tricable gondola station:
- Conclusion of assembly of track for Eiger Express tricable gondola garage
- Installation of cable car technology and assembly of loading robots
- Continuation of concrete work, floor tiles / walls and ceiling 2nd lower ground floor
- Continuation of concrete work, walls and ceiling 1st lower ground floor
- Continuation of concrete work, walls and ceiling ground floor
- Completion of shell construction / concrete work (ceilings) Eiger Glacier station
- Continuation of shell construction / concrete work (ceilings) at the tricable gondola summit station
- Start of the interior work (partition walls, lifts, electrical, heating, ventilation and sanitary facilities) in the finished shell construction
- Preparation for installation of cable car technology at the tricable gondola summit station
The WAB material transports between Grund and Salzegg with intermediate storage in the two temporary Salzegg halls will take place in parallel to the normal railway and winter sports operation of the WAB.
Eiger Express tricable gondola route
During the winter, all work on the track will be suspended. In April 2020, the work for the Eiger Express tricable gondola will start.
Blue run Eiger Glacier to Fallboden
The work has been completed. The blue run is available to winter sports guests.
GGM Männlichen Railway
The new railway is in operation and is very popular with our guests. Conclusion of selective interior work at the middle and summit station. Optimisation of signage and guest guidance.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion at the office containers in Grindelwald Grund is open seven days a week from 08.00 – 18.00 h. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letter box at the feedback salon or sent by e-mail to [email protected]. Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
Car park situation, access to Grindelwald terminal and local bus
The replacement parking spaces on the south side of the Lütschine and east of the Werkhof will remain in place. The replacement parking spaces on the south side of the Lütschine have been extended by the winter grate areas. The parking at Talgietli and Kilchboden can also be used. The parking is provided via a transport service. The parking fee is CHF 5 per day.
The following entrances will be available to all guests for the new Männlichen Railway:
- from the replacement car park and slopes (Lütschine south side) over the new ski bridge to the terminal
- from the BOB Grindelwald Terminal stop via the connecting passage directly into the terminal (public transport arrivals)
- from the Rothenegg roundabout via the platform for the BOB Grindelwald Terminal stop
The local bus and the ski bus go directly to/from the terminal entrance.
There is a night-time parking ban for buses in the Talgietli car park. In the village, night parking is available on Bärplatz.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station and terminal:
- Flood protection hydraulics Mountain Hostel to Wärgistalbach
- Flood protection hydraulics Grundbrücke to Mountain Hostel
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work.
Contact for questions or concerns:
[email protected] or 033 828 71 11