The following works are currently ongoing and planned for the coming weeks:
Grindelwald Terminal BOB stop (Rothenegg):
• Continuation of the shell construction of the platform system
• Continuation of the shell construction (walls and ceilings) for the connecting corridor to the Grindelwald Terminal BOB station and for the north section of the terminal. The three storeys of the northern section will be completed by mid-April 2019.
GGM stations and tricable Eigerexpress:
• Continuation of the shell construction (walls and ceilings) of the new valley stations
• Dismantling of the old valley station GGM building by the end of April 2019
• Continuation of installation work for the BKW transformer
• On 3 May 2019, the new transformer for the Grindelwald power supply will be put into operation in the terminal building with the old transformer system switched off.
• In May 2019, the old transformer plant will be demolished.
• At the beginning of May 2019, construction work on the car park excavation pit begins.
• The initial works include sheet pile work for the excavation.
Furthermore, the removal of the excavated material away from the valley begins by truck over the road.
• Construction site emissions are expected in May and June during the day.
• Continuation of rock excavation work at the mountain station cavern in the area of the pre-zone
• Continuation of rock extraction at the Eiger Glacier station
• By the beginning of April 2019, most of the rock extraction will be complete.
• From April 2019: Start of shell construction / concrete work for the station
• From May 2019: Start of construction of cavern cladding and shell construction / concrete work for tricable gondola mountain station
• The WAB material transport between Grund and Salzegg with
intermediate storage in the two temporary halls at Salzegg are intensified for the concrete work and take place at the same time as the normal railway operation of the WAB.
• Resumption of work on track and slopes from spring 2019 (after snow has melted)
• Assembly of supports 5, 4, 6 will be carried out from May 2019 in this order. Support 7 will follow from mid-July 2019.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion at the office containers in Grindelwald Grund is open seven days a week from 08.00 – 18.00 h. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letter box at the feedback salon or sent by e-mail to v-bahn(at)jungfrau.ch. Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit https://www.jungfrau.ch/v-cableway.
Train replacement buses Bernese Oberland Railway, section Zweilütschinen-Grindelwald
From 29 April to 3 May 2019, the platform edges will be installed over a length of 140.00 m at the Grindelwald Terminal stop. Due to this work, Bernese Oberland Railway rail traffic on the Zweilütschinen-Grindelwald section will be suspended from the start of operations on 29 April until end of operations on 3 May 2019. In order to ensure the transport of passengers, train replacement buses will operate during this time.
GGM Männlichen Railway
After 41 years, the Grindelwald-Männlichen aerial gondola will be dismantled at the end of ski season 18/19. The last day of operation of the old GGM is Sunday, 31 March 2019. The 230 gondolas will then be removed from the cable and handed over to the buyers on 3 April. All the gondolas were sold over a year ago. The construction and assembly work for the new 10-person aerial gondola will continue from 1 April 2019. Parking situation, ski and local bus and bus stop From 1 April 2019, the Männlichen car park will no longer be available for parking. The replacement parking spaces on the south side of the Lütschine and east of the Werkhof will remain in place.
Winter parking spaces are still available and can be used until the end of the current winter sports season. The parking is provided via a transport service. The parking fee remains CHF 5 per day. In order for snow removal to be possible, a general night-time parking ban applies to all parking spaces. Access to the GGM and WAB railway facilities from the parking spaces on the south bank of the Lütschine is via the ski bridge and the temporary pedestrian walkway at the Mountain Hostel. For all guests in Grindelwald, we recommend using the ski bus, which runs every 15 minutes. The bus stop is located directly in front of the Info Pavilion.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality
Flood protection and development Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station:
• Works on the flood protection wall and south bank reinforcement
• Shell construction of the new bridge over the Lütschine has been completed
• Work on the foreshore bridges on the south side
• Road and supply line construction on Grundstrasse from May 2019
Jungfrau Railways, GGM and the municipality of Grindelwald thank all those affected for their understanding for the ongoing construction work.
Contact for questions or concerns:
v-bahn(at)jungfrau.ch or 033 828 71 11