Grund Terminal construction works up to the end of November
- Completion of construction work on the plant pipes.
- Rothenegg stop:
- Shell construction of platform facilities up to the Alpha passenger underpass.
- Installation of the prefabricated passenger underpass of the Bernese Oberland Railway from 19 to 22 November 2018.
- Grund terminal:
- Delivery and installation of the new transformers for the power supply of Grindelwald.
- Start of installation work on the transformers under the new GGM station.
- Shell (floor slab and walls) for the Rothenegg access corridors and for the northern tract of terminal.
- GGM station and 3S Eigerexpress
- Construction of foundation and base plate of the new valley stations, completion of the clamping shafts.
Eigerexpress route construction works
The construction of the supports 1 and 3 by Garaventa is completed. The construction work of the supports 2 and 4 will be completed by the start of the winter sports operation.
Eiger Glacier construction works
Until the start of winter, the excavation by means of blasting work for the future station will be carried out on the Eiger glacier. The rock excavation for the Eiger Express mountain station and the Eiger Glacier station extension will continue until the start of winter sports activities. The Salzgg-Eigergletscher material cableway will start operations.
Info Pavilion and construction site news
The Info Pavilion at the office containers in Grindelwald Grund is open seven days a week from 08.00 – 18.00 h. Questions or suggestions can be put into a letterbox at the feedback salon. Those who prefer to be informed from home can visit www.jungfrau.ch/v-bahn.
The next construction site coffee morning will take place on Thursday, 15 November 2018, at 09.00 h in the Info Pavilion. Participation is open to all those interested without prior registration.
Train replacement buses Bernese Oberland Railway, section Zweilütschinen-Grindelwald
In the week of 19 to 22 November 2018, the new railway underpass will be built at the Rothenegg stop. Therefore, Bernese Oberland Railway rail traffic on the Zweilütschinen-Grindelwald section will be suspended from the start of operations on 19 November until end of operations on 22 November. Buses are in operation to replace the train.
The noisy construction of the new underpass will be carried out daily between 07.00 and 19.00 h. Working hours will be extended until midnight for the installation of prefabricated concrete elements, and noise emissions will be kept as low as possible during this period. We thank all residents for their understanding.
Parking situation and bus stop
- Cars can be parked at the GGM and Talgietli car park (signposted).
- Coaches park as usual during the day at the Talgietli car park and at night at the GGM car park.
- Please take note of signs and instructions from the traffic service.
- The bus stop (local bus) is located directly in front of the Info Pavilion.
- From the beginning of November 2018, winter parking will be prepared on the south side of the Lütschine and on the east side of the Werkhof. These areas will be used next summer for installation purposes.
GGM Männlichen Railway
- From mid-November 2018, winter operation will commence, depending on the snow
- Access to the GGM for all winter sports enthusiasts is along the Lütschine via a skywalk (signposted) and is also guaranteed for pedestrians with walking aids, wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- Delivery of goods takes place via the construction site access and is always guaranteed.
The tree felling along the new route will be carried out on the first section (Grund-Holenstein) in October and November.
The shell buildings of the Holenstein middle station and Männlichen mountain station will be completed in October, and the assembly of the cable car technology will continue in the two stations until the start of winter operations.
Project of the Grindelwald municipality: Flood protection and development
Construction work in the area of Grindelwald Grund station:
- Concrete works on the flood protection wall and bank reinforcement.
- Concreting the foundations for the new bridge over the Lütschine and the underpass for the ski slope on the south side of the bridge.
During the construction period, construction materials are regularly delivered to the former staff car park behind the Intersport building, both for the construction of the Grund terminal and transport to the construction site on the Eiger glacier.