Experience & Discover
Plan & book
Tickets and Connections
Jungfrau Ski Region Live-Daten:
These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) govern the contractual relationship between you as a customer (Customer) and Jungfraubahnen Management AG (JBM) for all orders made on the online booking platform jungfrau.ch. If other sales platforms are linked to these Terms and Conditions, then they also apply to the transaction made on the other platform. If the Terms and Conditions have also been formulated for the third-party sales platform, then these Terms and Conditions additionally apply (subsidiary). If several applicable Terms and Conditions contain contradictory regulations, then the provisions in the specific Terms and Conditions for the item purchased and in the Terms and Conditions of any third-party sales platform shall have priority. JBM reserves the right to change these GTC at any time without prior notice. The version at the time of booking is decisive (application for a contract by the customer; see back).
The customer orders shopping basket positions at www.jungfrau.ch; JBM acts as agent with a cash-collection mandate for each of these individual positions. The contractual partner is the respective engaged / booked supplier or service provider. Only in the cases explicitly stated hereafter is this JBM itself (see JBM services hereafter).
Offers on jungfrau.ch can be combined as single elements (hotel, mountain railway ticket, equipment etc.) to form an entity tailor-made to the individual requirements of a customer’s holiday stay. JBM accepts no liability for the compilation of the shopping basket or for the coordination of individual positions with each other (timing, location etc.). JBM also accepts no liability for the correct completion of the individual services or deliveries unless JBM itself is the service provider. In this regard, the customer can only invoke the brokered contract with the direct provider (hotel, rental company etc.) and his respective Terms and Conditions. The customer is himself responsible for obtaining information on these in an appropriate manner. JBM assists the customer in this by providing useful information and cross references in the appendix to these GTC. If and when the customer is made aware of such contract conditions either here or elsewhere at , this is purely for information purposes and JBM therefore accepts no liability whatsoever.
By accessing and using the Jungfrau.ch website, and by association also the use of the online platform, the customer accepts the General Conditions of Use for jungfrau.ch (GCU).
In accordance with the GCU, JBM provides neither guarantee of reliability nor unlimited availability of the website and thus cannot be made liable for the effects of interruptions in booking processes or the non-transmission of messages. Particular attention has been paid to the user-friendliness of the user interface. The customer is responsible for the correct use of the website and the sales platform in particular. He accepts sole responsibility for the consequences of user errors.
The booking platform is primarily for use in Europe (Switzerland and countries in the European Economic Area). Access to the platform outside these regions is not guaranteed by JBM. The offers published by JBM do not constitute the offer of a contract.
A shopping basket order placed by a customer on the JBM platform constitutes an order to conclude a contract in accordance with the individual shopping basket positions. The customer’s order is binding for 24 hours. During this time limit, JBM is to provide a reply to the e-mail address supplied by the customer. During this period, JBM verifies, if possible immediately, the availability of the advance payment (credit card coverage) and the definite availability of the positions ordered.
JBM advises the customer through a notification on the website (success page), if the order process cannot be completed as requested and terminates the entire transaction (non-acceptance). Rejection of the request always applies to the entire shopping cart even if only individual positions ordered are the reason for rejection. If payment and services are available, JBM concludes, step by step and within the scope of its agency mandate, the individual contracts between the service providers / suppliers and the customer. In doing so, JBM notifies the customer by way of an announcement on the website (success page) and an e-mail (acceptance of all shopping cart positions) followed by the definite debit of the advance payment.
JBM’s reply to the customer’s request is considered concluded as soon as the corresponding data has been transferred to the Internet from the JBM system. The time of receipt of the e-mail by the customer and the display of the success page by the customer's client is irrelevant. The customer is obliged if necessary to enquire at JBM of the whereabouts of the reply, although the current status of the order can be called up on his user account.
If a customer from a country for which a payment process is not listed orders a shopping cart from JBM, JBM is not in a position to accept the order even if the customer can bring the automatic platform to react as described above. A contract is valid – if at all valid – when the items have been delivered or use of services at the location has been effectively concluded.
The transmission of e-mail messages via the public network is asymmetric and failure prone; the messages are unprotected and can be intercepted and altered by third parties. In addition to the contents, the sender and recipient of the e-mail can be identified by third parties. This also applies to e-mails used for communicating with JBM. JBM is authorised by the customer to send him e-mails. JBM accepts no liability whatsoever for damages caused by faulty, impaired or intercepted and scrutinized transfers of e-mails. These conditions similarly apply to other unprotected forms of communication, which are comparable in functionality and risk potential that are presently being used or may be used in the future.
Messages sent to addresses (namely e-mail addresses) provided by the customer or that have been previously used successfully in correspondence with JBM are considered to have been delivered correctly. In the case of e-mails, the valid time of delivery is the time of despatch by JBM; for postal transactions, it is assumed that correspondence sent by priority post has been delivered, also abroad, by the latest four days after deposit at a Swiss Post Office unless evidence to the contrary is provided.
The price to be paid by the customer results from the total price of the shopping cart contents shown in Swiss francs (CHF). This includes, unless expressly otherwise stated, all surcharges, taxes and charges. All prices include Swiss value added tax (VAT). The total price is dependant upon the individual composition of the travel arrangement and thus can vary from the guide price ("from CHF…" and price information in foreign currency). Prices in Euros are in all cases non-binding comparisons (see the GTC). Prices may be subject to ongoing changes. The customer must ensure that the shopping cart displayed is still up to date. After submission of the order, the customer will be shown a summary of his request. The prices contained therein will be accepted unchanged by the system for 30 minutes; subsequently the customer must re-start the shopping cart transaction for his own protection.
Contracts in accordance with the individual shopping basket positions will in principle only be completed after an automatic advance payment has been made in accordance with the configuration of the online platform. JBM will not accept a customer’s request until confirmation of coverage has been received. The customer and JBM each bear the respective charges applicable to them as a result of the payment process.
The order confirmation is valid as a receipt for contract completion, but cannot be used as authorisation for the right to draw upon the services (vouchers, tickets etc.). A link on the order confirmation refers in the customer’s user account to where, depending on the system, he can download the necessary documents, transfer the data or load a data carrier. It is possible that further details, such as exact travel dates and personal details for rail tickets or weight details for ski hire, may be required before the passes that are part of a package can be printed.
Authorisation to use services is never physically issued. The intended use of vouchers, tickets and e-tickets is for the customer to print at home. An exception is data carriers for ski passes, which depending on the circumstances may be loaded, sent or handed over (see information at Jungfrau – Ski Region). Copying, modifying, or reproducing the authorisation to use services is prohibited.
The customer shall always bear the responsibility for the protection of authorisation to use services (voucher) from theft or unauthorized duplication. He must be aware that non-personal services will be awarded to the one who first shows the valid document. The subsequent proof that the person showing the document is not identical to the buyer/customer is not relevant for JBM or those providing services on behalf of JBM.
JBM has no influence on building measures, sources of emissions etc. in the vicinity of the described place of stay and can accordingly provide no guarantee of such. As a rule JBM also has no influence on the origin of any other tourists present, on the general standard of service and quality of food in the local restaurants, on the organization and carrying out of events announced at the place of destination (unless organized by JBM) or on individual sporting options (unless specifically part of the offer).
Services acquired by ordering via the shopping cart cannot be cancelled or retracted. Exceptions are governed by the conditions of the individual contract agreements. JBM recommends concluding the Mobiliar cancellation insurance as offered in the order completion process. The respective customer information and General Terms and Conditions of insurance company are found in the Appendix.
JBM acts as organiser for a combination of several services such as excursions and overnight stay or overnight and ski pass with a total price provided and pre-arranged packages (Package holiday1). The following general provisions are valid for the packages in their entirety. The delivery of the purchase authorisations (voucher, tickets, etc.) is done for each of the service components separately. Hotel accommodation integrated into packages cannot be cancelled.
JBM does everything it can to ensure that the services bundled into the package can be provided. If JBM determines that a significant part of the package cannot be delivered (for example, due to meteorological conditions), JBM will attempt to provide a substitute for the customer. If this is unsuccessful, the customer can demand reimbursement of his advance payment to the extent of the reduction in provided services.
The departure point for a package tour is located within Switzerland in all cases. The arrangement of all travel from outside Switzerland is the responsibility of the customer and thus not included in the services of JBM as tour operator. Customers from abroad are advised to obtain information on travel formalities for visiting Switzerland before placing an order.
JBM is the issuer of the mountain rail & cableway tickets. It acts as a fully authorized management and marketing company for the following railway and cableway companies cooperating under the Jungfrau - Top of Europe brand: Wengernalpbahn AG, Jungfraubahn AG, Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen–Mürren AG, Firstbahn AG, Harderbahn AG and Berner Oberland-Bahnen AG. These railways and cableways belong to the Direct Traffic system in accordance with Article 16 and 17 of the Swiss Federal Law of Passenger Transport (Passenger Transport Law, SR 745.1). The issue of tickets and the full outline of the transport contract are subject to the tariff conditions of the Swiss transport companies participating in Direct Traffic (T600 ff). The tariffs are administered and issued by ch-direct the Direct Traffic management office (a business division of Swiss local public transport).
The tickets issued by the system at jungfrau.ch are to be protected from theft or unauthorised duplication. In accordance with T600, charges of CHF 100 for misuse and CHF 200 for forgery will be levied. In case of refusal of payment, the traveller is to be expelled from the train. If he opposes this regulation, the police will be called.
JBM reserves the right to change or amend prices at any time. Prices quoted on the original server at the time of the conclusion of a contract are binding. All prices of shop articles include statutory value added tax (VAT). This will be deducted from the final invoice for deliveries outside Switzerland. These deliveries are subject to VAT and customs duties of the country of destination (recipient address).
The shipping costs are not included in the shop price and will be additionally invoiced. The following flat-rate charges will apply and be detailed separately in the shopping cart: Switzerland CHF 8; neighbouring countries CHF 25; other countries CHF 35 Shipping costs for two calendars or six posters are a standard price of CHF 15. The packaging material is included in the shipping cost.
The customer has the right to cancel the order in writing within 7 days, provided that the total cost of the items exceeds CHF 100. The cancellation period begins at the time of the customer placing the order, and the deadline is met if written cancellation is handed to the Postal Services or received electronically by JBM within 7 days. The customer shall bear the costs for returning the goods and costs incurred by JBM. The customer must return the goods in the original packaging without delay. Right of cancellation expires upon opening the original packaging (breaking the seal).
The customer must thoroughly check the goods received. If the goods are delivered damaged or incomplete, the customer must provide confirmation from the carrier. Notice of defects must be provided to JBM within 10 days. The damaged goods must be returned to JBM unused, in an unchanged state and in the original packaging. An equivalent replacement will usually be delivered. Should JBM be unable to do so, the customer is entitled to reimbursement of the purchase price.
JBM will endeavour to execute the order within 3 days. The delivery period is ultimately dependent upon the carrier. The following delivery periods are to be expected: Switzerland: 3 working days, neighbouring countries: 5-8 working days, other countries: 10-15 working days. Any compensation claims for delayed delivery are excluded.
Events for which tickets can be purchased on jungfrau.ch are usually organised by a third party. JBM is the agent of the contract with the organiser (for pertinent information, see Appendix). In expressly declared cases, JBM itself is the organiser of the event. This also applies to events that are sold in combination with a lift ticket, which is used for access to the event (combined ticket). These events by JBM are subject to the following general provisions:
Tickets that do not meet the requirements for legibility are invalid. After leaving the event, they can be used for return only if it is noted on the ticket, or if the enforcement staff expressly confirms or directs this. For combination tickets, the purely lift-specific aspects subsidiary to the provisions on lift tickets shall apply.
The possession of food and beverages, professional sound recording, photo and video equipment, dangerous objects, especially glass bottles and aluminium cans, fireworks, weapons, all types of sharp or pointed objects and animals is prohibited from the event. If the ticket holder violates the instructions of security services, safety regulations, seating and crowd control, waste management concept, then the validity of their ticket will be revoked and they can be excluded from the current event and further JBM events.
The event can be moved by a unilateral declaration by JBM or cancelled altogether. In the event of a postponement, the already purchased tickets are valid for the alternate date; return or exchange is excluded. In the event of cancellation, JBM will simultaneously announce the arrangements for the refund of the purchase price (face value). The customer must apply to jungfrau.ch for this refund within three months of notification. After that, the right to a refund is voided.
JBM is liable only for the careful organisation of the event, insofar as it is grossly negligent. Explicitly excluded is liability for the quality of the performance as well as for damage or injury that is caused by other participants in the event.
Music events can be loud. In this case, JBM provides hearing protection to be worn, and it recommends that the proper distance from the speakers be observed. Parents should pay special attention to the hearing protection of children.
JBM can limit the number of tickets that will be issued to an individual customer. The customer is not permitted to use the publications and other information about the event or JBM's brands and labels to sell purchased tickets. He may not use tickets in advertising or promotion for his own purposes (e.g.: public raffles, inclusion in packages). Commercial trade in the tickets is prohibited. They thereby lose their validity.
Subject to other statutory regulations, the following shall apply if by way of exception the right or possibility of cancellation, withdrawal or return of goods is claimed, or it is not possible to fulfil the services: payments made by the customer will be reimbursed. Any further claims by the customer, especially with regard to compensation claims for consequential damages and loss of profit are excluded.
Compensation for the inadequate fulfilment of a package tour (package) is limited to twice the package price, providing that this is permitted by law.
JBM bears no liability for damages in connection with excursions or events that the customer books himself "on the spot" during the tour. This also applies if the corresponding documentation is described or displayed in a facility which is associated with JBM or which is described on the website.
Should the customer have reason to lodge a complaint during the tour, he must immediately notify JBM or the service provider. In addition, the customer must take all reasonable steps to remedy the disruption and to limit any possible damage. A customer’s guarantee claim expires in all cases after one year from the agreed end of the package tour or the time a service was provided. Guarantee claims are not transferable.
The contractual relationship between the Jungfraubahnen Management AG and its contracting entities, including the question of its realization and the validity of the contract is subject exclusively to Swiss law. The head office of the respective service provider or Jungfraubahnen Management AG is decisive in determining the place of jurisdiction. Application of the “Vienna Sales Convention” (United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, CISG) is expressly excluded.
1. With the purchase of a sports pass the purchaser accepts the following terms and conditions and has noted the services provided as described below.
2. Sport passes are personal and non-transferable. Point cards may be used by several people. These expire three years after the date of sale and may only be used during the
3. Sport passes entitle the holder to unlimited use of the transport facilities and snowsports slopes of the respective ski area excluding during recurring or special events, in particular the Lauberhorn Races. The sport pass offer includes the Grindelwald skibus network and local buses in Lauterbrunnen. Hiking and sledging passes cover free travel from Grindelwald to Bussalp.
4. Sport passes are not valid for special and evening trips.
5. Sport passes valid for several days may be used from 00.00 h on the first day to 24.00 h on the last day.
6. Season sport passes include entitlement to educational and vocational trips and are valid from 1 December to 30 April. In addition, the season Sportpass is valid in November on those weekends with ski operation, provided that the ski lifts and slopes are in operation or open in one ski region. On weekdays in November when there is no skiing, the season sport pass entitles the holder to a 50% reduction on the normal single fare in accordance with Tariff 600 for the following mountain railway sections in the Jungfrau Region:
• Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald
• Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen
• Grindelwald – Kleine Scheidegg – Lauterbrunnen
• Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch –Top of Europe
• Lauterbrunnen – Mürren via Grütschalp
• Stechelberg – Mürren – Schilthorn
During the following summer season from 1 May to 31 October, the season sport pass serves as a half-price pass on the following railway sections in the Jungfrau Region:
• Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald
• Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen
• Grindelwald – Kleine Scheidegg – Lauterbrunnen
• Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch –Top of Europe
• Grindelwald – First
• Grindelwald – Männlichen
• Wengen – Männlichen
• Lauterbrunnen – Mürren via Grütschalp
• Stechelberg – Mürren – Schilthorn
• Mürren – Allmendhubel
• Wilderswil – Schynige Platte
• Interlaken – Harder Kulm
When using normal half-price tickets in accordance with Tariff 600 on these sections, the holder must present the personal season sport pass for the previous winter season to the ticket inspector without being requested to do so.
7. The sport pass includes specific services for persons practising snow sports on the pistes and transport facilities expressly declared and marked as open (chairlifts, ski lifts, etc.). The opening times of pistes and lifts are dependent on snow and weather conditions, are set by the operating companies and are binding for sport-pass holders. If sport passes are used outside the normal operating hours of the facilities, their validity is limited to the transport of persons on scheduled transport facilities. Any use of closed snow-sport pistes is strictly prohibited. Disregard of this rates as gross negligence as markings, safety and rescue services are not guaranteed on closed facilities and thus the risk of accident or death is considerably increased.
8. Sport passes are valid expressly for travel in 2nd class only. If a seat is taken in first class, half of the price difference is liable as a class-change fee.
9. Sport passes must be shown without request where a transport company has no electronic ticket-reading device. In the case of an online purchase, validity is shown with a printed confirmation of purchase. An identification document (ID) must always be carried together with confirmation of purchase.
10. A photograph is required for the issue of a season sport pass. The electronically registered personal data is stored in a database. On passing through a scanning device, the holder’s photograph appears on an internal computer.
11. The FIS rules and SKUS guidelines must be observed.
12. The instructions of the piste and rescue services must be followed.
13. The pistes are closed and thus access prohibited outside the operating times of the transport facility and after the final inspection has been carried out.
14. Irresponsible behaviour (in particular non-compliance with FIS and SKUS rules, disregard of signs, instructions, barriers, proceeding through forest and wildlife protection zones as well as on avalanche-endangered slopes), may lead to confiscation of the pass.
15. If the customer has an accident in one of the ski areas and this requires the rescue services of the ski lift companies to be called out, the customer will be charged a maximum of CHF 260.- plus material costs for a standard rescue on the ski slope. The costs for third parties (helicopter transfers, doctor, Alpine rescue, etc.) are to be paid directly by the customer. It is the responsibility of the customer to lodge any reimbursement claims against an accident insurance policy. An insurance policy to cover this risk can be taken out when the Sportpass is purchased. It is not possible to conclude an insurance contract after the purchase of the Sportpass.
16. The exchange or refund of a sport pass is generally not possible. Accident or illness constitute no grounds for a refund. When purchasing the Sportpass, an insurance policy to cover this risk can be concluded. It is not possible to conclude an insurance contract after the purchase of the Sportpass.
17. Service interruptions give no entitlement to a refund. This particularly applies to the closure of ski areas or parts thereof because of inclement weather, lack of snow, avalanche danger, early melt of ski slope snow, etc. Special events and the construction of a spectator sector may cause the closure of certain parts of a ski area. A sport pass does not entitle the holder to access to such events.
18. The operating times publicised for winter-sports facilities is for information purposes only. Adherence to these times requires the appropriate snow and piste conditions.
19. Lost sport passes will generally not be replaced. This applies in particular to passes with a validity of two days or less. A new pass will be issued for sport passes valid for a longer period. A purchase receipt is required. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to prove that he/she was the holder of the pass. Details of the circumstances of the loss and the efforts made to recover the pass must be provided. A charge of CHF 20 will also be levied for season sport passes.
20. A sport pass may be used by the authorized person only.
21. Anyone unable to present a valid sport pass must purchase a day-ticket at the normal price and will be treated as a traveller without a valid ticket in accordance with Tariff 600.5. If the guest was in possession of a valid pass at that particular time, a refund of the cost of the day-ticket may be requested within seven days. An administration fee will be charged.
22. Any action undertaken by a guest with the intention of unlawful gain either for himself or another person and/or to prejudice the transport company’s assets or other rights, are considered to be abuse.
23. A falsification is when a sports pass or document is created, altered, duplicated, supplemented or otherwise tampered with without authorization or shows signs of erasing.
24. Misused, falsified or blocked sport passes will be confiscated. A valid day-pass must be purchased. In the event of misuse a surcharge of CHF 100 will also apply. A surcharge of CHF 200 will apply for falsifications. Passenger tariff 600.5 will apply to train travel.
25. Anyone not paying the above charges immediately must provide surety or otherwise leave the skiing area. With provision of surety, payment must be made within three days or the case will be forwarded to head office and other fees may be charged.
26. Any unaccomplished attempt at improper use will carry the same consequences.
27. All rights to civil and criminal prosecution are reserved.
28. The participating companies undertake to comply with all applicable data protection legislation when handling and processing all customer data and customer usage data. Customer data will only be used to maintain and improve customer relations, quality and service standards, to maximise operational safety, or in support of sales promotion, product design, crime prevention, collecting commercial key data and statistics as well as for invoicing. The customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that, in the cases of a joint provision of services in partnership with third parties, the companies participating in the Jungfrau Ski Region Pass are entitled to make customer data accessible to the third party concerned where this is necessary for the purposes of providing such services. Beyond this, the disclosure of customer data to third parties is only permitted with the express consent of the customer. The only exception to this is if the participating companies are obliged by law to disclose personal data to third parties.
29. A tariff alliance/travelcard network under the Jungfrau Ski Region brand is formed by several companies including the Firstbahn AG, Gondelbahn Grindelwald – Männlichen AG, Luftseilbahn Wengen – Männlichen AG, Wengernalpbahn AG, Schilthornbahn AG, Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen-Mürren AG, Berner Oberland-Bahnen AG, Jungfraubahn AG, Postauto Schweiz AG, Grindelwald Sports AG, Skilift Bumps AG, Genossenschaft Skischule Wengen. All companies are individually solely responsible for the operation of their lifts and pistes. The transport contract is concluded directly between the customer and the respective operator of the facility. The respective company is responsible for the provision of the relevant services. The company is also responsible for the necessary technical maintenance of the facility and travel safety requirements (piste and avalanche service). Liability issues, particularly in connection with skiing accidents, will thus be dealt with by the respective company on whose territory or facility the incident occurred.
30. Contractual relationships between the Jungfrau Ski Region and its customers, including the question of the conclusion and the validity of the contract, are governed exclusively solely by Swiss law.
31. The applicable place of jurisdiction is determined by the location of the head office of the respective sales point. The domicile of the Jungfrau Railways Management AG in Interlaken, Switzerland, is considered to be the sales point for sportpass purchases via the Internet.
32. Application of the Vienna Sales Convention (CISG) is expressly excluded.
For hotels, which can be added individually to the shopping basket, the customer completes a contract (Retail Hotel) for which JBM acts as an agent. Each hotel has its own conditions of contract, which if necessary can be consulted via the Internet or requested directly from the hotel. However, JBM requires all hotels to adhere to the following standard cancellation conditions for the customer. These are valid subject to other (subsequent) mutual agreements made directly with the hotel. The following conditions are applicable in particular where the hotel cancellation is arranged via the JBM Help Desk. The general conditions for cancellation are as follows: If a cancellation is made 10 days before arrival, an administration charge of CHF 80 will be retained and the remainder of the advance payment for the hotel reimbursed. No reimbursement will be made for cancellations made within 10 days of arrival or for a no-show.
The prices for Retail Hotels are determined by the establishment itself without the involvement of JBM. Local taxes and charges are included in each case. The hotel is obligated to accept the JBM voucher as confirmation of the full receipt of the advance payment. Extras such as mini bar, room service, parking fees etc. will be invoiced separately. The customer is advised to enquire about extras and their prices when checking in.
Retail Hotels are managed through the databank of Switzerland Travel Centre AG (STC). This is purely a technical process, which has no influence on the contractual relationship with the customer. The customer is in no way obligated to STC on booking a hotel via jungfrau.ch. Customer details are only transferred to STC to the extent that is absolutely necessary for a hotel booking.
JBM is agent of the lease agreement with the holiday apartment landlord. It is responsible for proper booking of holiday apartments on site and for the settlement of the arrangements concerning the rent received in advance. The visitor's tax is paid by the customer on site directly to the holiday apartment landlord.
The apartments, which can be placed as individual items in the cart, come from a pool that is managed by Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG, based in Interlaken. It has given JBM the responsibility to handle the resulting organisational tasks resulting from the booking of the holiday apartment. However, it is merely an agent of the offer (sub-agent).
The customer concludes its lease directly with the holiday apartment landlord. The customer is liable for the clean and good condition of the holiday apartment, unless he is deemed not at fault. The leased property may not be occupied by more than the number of persons stated in the lease. Damage caused by the customer must be paid by the customer in full. They are to notify the owner or his representative before departure.
If the customer comes to JBM with a legitimate concern or a hardship, it will assign this matter to Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG for further handling or mediation between tenant and landlord. Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG decides the consequences of the claim and handles it according to their terms and practice. They apply the following conditions:
The compiled information in the Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG system about the apartments has been carefully and conscientiously collected. However, if shortcomings should still be present that can not be resolved easily and locally, Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG is to do its best to rectify the situation or to provide an equivalent accommodation. If the customer's booked accommodation or the proposed equivalent alternative is not used, then there shall be no refund. If the tenant wishes to cancel the lease for a reason that is not covered by the cancellation insurance, the following conditions apply: Up to 30 days before arrival, the refund is 40% of the rent already paid. After that period, the total amount is due. If the room or apartment can be let following cancellation, the customer will be refunded the full amount less a cancellation fee of 50 CHF.
Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG points out that any complaints or possible claims may only take place within 72 hours of using the service. Claims are to be confirmed with Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG directly in writing within 10 days after the end of the stay, otherwise any claim for assistance in handling shall lapse. The claim for damages may under no circumstances exceed the amount of the rent. If no agreement can be reached, then the ordinary Swiss jurisdiction for leased properties (Thun, Canton of Bern, Switzerland) shall apply.
JBM works exclusively with members of the Association of Swiss Snowsports (Swiss Ski and Snowboard Schools) for arranging for supervision and instruction in skiing and snowboarding schools. The customer concludes his contract directly with the snow-sports school. Arrangements can only be settled directly with them. In particular, JBM does not accept any cancellations nor does it process refunds. Instruction and supervision offers from Grindelwald Sports AG and the Swiss Cooperative Ski and Snowboard School Wengen can be booked on jungfrau.ch.
Grindelwald Sports AG: The snow-sports school of Grindelwald Sports AG is located in Grindelwald. It concludes its contracts under the following general conditions:
The group lessons for ski or snowboard beginners starts on Monday. The course registration deadline for each group offer is on the day before the course begins. Somewhat experienced and advanced participants can, if desired, join a group during the week, if it is not yet fully booked (not available on the Internet). Private lessons, depending on the availability of ski instructors, may also be booked on short notice, i.e. on the day of the course.
Absences from group lessons may only be refunded with the presentation of a doctor's note. Private lessons can be cancelled without penalty by 5 pm the previous evening. For cancellations afterwards, 100% of the cost is charged.
Should the course be rendered impossible due to weather and snow conditions, regulatory actions, force majeure, closed-down cable cars or security reasons, then the snow-sports school shall be entitled to cancel the lessons. Cancellations will be immediately communicated to the guests. In case of cancellation due to the events described, there is no requirement for reimbursement. The ski school is obliged to offer an equivalent replacement programme.
Each group offer has a minimum number of participants per snow-sports equipment, age category and experience level. If this minimum number is not reached, the snow-sports school can cancel the course. The guest shall be refunded the entire course fee. If a private lesson has to be cancelled by the snow-sports school (for example, due to illness of the instructor), the entire course fee is refunded.
Due to weather and snow conditions, the indicated venue and choice of the snow-sports area may change.
If the minimum number of participants per snow-sports equipment, age category and experience level are not reached during the week of classes, the snow-sports school reserves the right to combine groups or to conclude the course early. If the weekly lesson is concluded, the guest will be refunded the course fee pro rata respectively, according to the price breakdown of the snow-sports school for the training days not received.
During peak periods, the snow-sports school may offer the half-day group lessons in the afternoon rather than the morning. This is due to capacity constraints in each practice area and because of the desired quality of teaching.
If the lesson needs to be concluded prematurely, due to the guest's lack of fitness or improper use of the snow-sports equipment, all claims to a refund are voided.
The participant shall be responsible for insurance. No liability is assumed for accidents. The snow-sports school recommends that all guests take out an accident and health insurance prior to the start of the course.
The exclusive jurisdiction is Interlaken. All disputes are subject to Swiss law.
JBM procures the rental of equipment on jungfrau.ch from the company INTERSPORT Rent-Network Jungfrau Region AG. Rent Network rents under the following rental conditions: The renter confirms having received rental equipment that is in proper condition. The rental company will cover normal wear and tear of the equipment. The renter is liable for damage ensuing from careless use of rental equipment. The rental charge includes loss and theft insurance. In the case of damage, a police report is required. The rental skis are equipped with tested security bindings. The renter accepts that even with individually-adjusted bindings, not every risk of accident can be excluded. The bindings are carefully adjusted according to the renter's specific needs. If the equipment is returned after 10 am, a whole day's rent will be due.
Explanation of categories
JBM is - unless it is not expressly acting as organiser - agent of the event tickets. The customer concludes his contract directly with the organiser. The organiser has its own contract terms, which it has published itself or which can be obtained directly from it in any case. In the case of special events, namely for competitions, there may be additional provisions of participation and game rules published as part of the advertisement, and they are normally also announced or handed out at the start of the event. These provisions have priority over the Terms and Conditions and/or are supplemental to them. The are considered accepted upon registration for the event.
Event tickets can neither be returned to nor exchanged by JBM. If an event has to be cancelled or postponed, then the organiser's contract provisions and settlement procedures shall apply. The tickets remain valid for a possible replacement event (rescheduled date). Return or exchange is excluded, unless otherwise specified by the organiser.
As agent, JBM has no influence on the quality of the event or how it is executed or the people management and safety concepts. If need be, these issues are to be addressed directly to the organiser. JBM cannot provide any guarantees for the organisation and it will not assume liability for any shortcoming in this regard.
JBM acts as a broker in exchange for payment in advance for the reservation and rental of parking spaces in the Parkhaus Lauterbrunnen AG car park on jungfrau.ch. A time period of at least 5 to a maximum of 31 days can be booked. Parkhaus Lauterbrunnen AG makes the reservations subject to the following rental conditions:
An advance booking and reservation of a parking space on jungfrau.ch cannot be changed, cancelled, exchanged or refunded. There is no refund in the event of late arrival or early departure. There is neither an obligation nor a right to use a particular parking space that results from the reservation. The car may be parked in any empty space.
The car registration number provided in the reservation is used by the staff of the car park to facilitate briefing on days with heavy traffic and as an indication of the authorisation (copy protection). Reservation is not "personalised" by entering the car registration number for the purposes of these terms and conditions. The provisions relating to the protection of rights (voucher) from theft or unauthorized reproduction are therefore to be considered in every case.
The voucher should be kept in the passenger compartment, available to the driver upon the first entry into the car park (arrival). It should presented the staff of the car park upon request. A car park ticket is obtained upon entry by entering the five-digit parking code that is on the voucher. The parking ticket is valid for the entire reservation period and can be used for multiple entries and exits. If a regular ticket is pulled at the entrance (by accident or if voucher is forgotten), it must be recoded with the five-digit code at an automatic paystation during the period of reservation. Vouchers that are lost or forgotten at home can be re-printed at any time from the jungfrau.ch user account; lost car park tickets will be replaced upon presentation of the voucher.
The car park is open all day. The use of the car park is in all cases and for the entire duration of use subject to charges. For arrivals before the rental period booked online, a regular ticket can be drawn and recoded after the start of the reserved period at the automatic machines. The additional time used is paid directly at the automatic paystation. There is no guarantee of a free space before the start of the rental period booked online. If the departure takes place after the end of the rental period booked online, the ticket may be extended at the automatic paystation. The additional time is paid directly at the automatic paystation; there is no payment option at the exit barrier. Exiting without a valid parking ticket is prohibited.
Parkhaus Lauterbrunnen AG disclaims any liability for damages and accidents of any kind caused by third parties, as well as thefts. They have issued the following house rules for parking: The car park is exclusively for the parking of light motor vehicles. Navigation and use of the parking garage and its associated parking spaces with games and sports equipment (skateboards, inline skates, etc.) is not allowed. The car park users are liable for the damage that he/she causes to other vehicles, facilities and installations or the building. Damages should be reported immediately at the parking garage counter or by calling the standby number at +41 (0) 79 710 60 20. The posted traffic signs and labels as well as the directions of the parking staff for traffic control must be obeyed. All the provisions of the Swiss Road Traffic Act (ESA) and its regulations apply. The vehicles are to be parked within the marked fields. The parking garage is intended solely for the parking of cars. Storage of additional items/materials in the spaces is not allowed. Repair, maintenance and cleaning work on parked vehicles is prohibited. Excessive noise (honking alarms, etc.) should be avoided. Unnecessary idling of engines is prohibited. Disturbances should be reported immediately at the parking garage counter or by calling the standby number at +41 (0) 79 710 60 20. The mounting and distribution of advertising of any kind without permission of Parkhaus Lauterbrunnen AG is prohibited. Disposal and dumping of waste is prohibited.
Version October 2014
MobiTour travel insurance
Edition JBM 01/2011
B1 Insured risks
The insured person or their travelling companions who booked at the same time
B2 Insured benefits
The insured benefits are limited to the cost of the travel arrangements and to the agreed sum insured. The following benefits will be provided for each insured event:
B4 Not covered by the insurance
C5 General exclusions
The insurance shall not cover events
Commencement and duration of the contract The cancellation costs insurance cover begins on the date of the definitive booking and ends on the last day of the booked journey.
This restriction does not apply if, in the light of the circumstances, it is judged that the injury was not caused by negligence or the loss would have been sustained even if the obligation had been fulfilled.
E2 Cancellation costs
F1 Place of jurisdiction for legal disputes F2 Applicable law Swiss Law is applicable in the case of disputes arising from this contract.
F3 Supplementary legal provisions
You, the insured persons or the claimants may, in the event of any legal dispute over claims under this insurance contract, file suit at your respective places of residence in Switzerland or at the domicile of Schweizerischen Mobiliar Versicherungsgesellschaft AG in Berne against Schweizerischen Mobiliar Versicherungsgesellschaft AG.
F2 Applicable law Swiss Law is applicable in the case of disputes arising from this contract.
F3 Supplementary legal provisions