The mountain railway from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren began operation on 14 August 1891. At the time, it was made up of two sections: the funicular from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp, 1,217 metres in length and a maximum incline of 61%, and the adhesion railway from Grütschalp to Mürren, 4,323 metres in length and a maximum incline of 50%.
Various modifications were made to the funicular: 1902 (electrical operation), 1910 (extension to Lauterbrunnen) and 1948–1951 (modernisation). Due to geological difficulties, this eventually had to be replaced in 2006 by an aerial cableway.
On the adhesion railway, the third generation of rolling stock has been in use since 1967. BLM also still possesses a nostalgia railcar from 1913.
The book was published in 2003, it has 320 pages and its author is Hansruedi Brawand.
Book: Lauterbrunnen-Mürren Mountain Railway - A Railway That Nobody Wanted (in German)
A book about the Lauterbrunnen-Mürren mountain railway, 320 pages, German